COOK AT HOME
Steak Grilling Tips
Stovetop to Oven Steak Tips
MORE GRILL TIPS
- Select a great cut of meat. Gibsons offers a variety of pre-packaged steaks, ready to cook at home.
- Take the steak out of the fridge. About 20 minutes before grilling take the steak out of the fridge in order to bring it to room temperature. This encourages even, balanced internal temperature.
- Preheat the grill for 10-15 minutes. Before you start cooking be sure to use a clean grill and get it nice and hot. Approximately 500 degrees.
- Season the steak. Cover the meat liberally on both sides with Gibsons Signature Seasoning Salt. (Approximately 1 teaspoon per side for larger cuts)
- Develop a seared crust. Before flipping the steak be sure to develop a seared crust before flipping it. The meat will stick to the grate if you try to lift it before it is ready. This should take approximately 2-4 minutes. Once the desired amount of char or caramelization is reached, move the steak off of direct heat. Cover the grill and continue cooking until desired temperature is reached.
- Check the internal temperature. With an instant-read thermometer check for desired internal temperature. Chef recommends pulling off the steak when the internal temperature has reached about 125 degrees for a perfectly cooked medium steak.
- Let the finished steak rest. Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes so it can continue to cook and the juices can redistribute evenly.